Hawaii / Hawaii

At first I didn’t like him, he came asking for a loan
I got nervous when he came into view
On an overdose of vitamins trying to explain
Something that I already knew
He said, help me stay afloat and get back to
Hawaii
Hawaii

All the paintings and the sketches laid scattered on the sand
And the condominium was close at hand
Things were getting hard to follow
I was feeling pretty hollow
When a stranger came to me and put out his hand
He said, I think we better talk, there’s something you don’t understand
About Hawaii
Hawaii

With my baby and my bicycle I up and rode away
And many nights have passed since that morning came my way
And I think about him often with his vitamins and kids
Does he sleep without a woman on his mind
While the other half just got left behind
In Hawaii
Hawaii


* * * *

All'inizio non mi piaceva, venne a chiedere un prestito
Mi innervosii quando comparve
Strafatto di vitamine cercava di spiegare
Qualcosa che già sapevo
Disse “aiutami a stare a galla e tornare alle
Hawaii”
Hawaii

Tutti i disegni e gli schizzi erano sparsi sulla sabbia
E il condominio era a portata di mano
Le cose si facevano difficili da gestire
Mi sentivo piuttosto vuoto
Quando uno straniero venne da me e mi tese la mano
Disse “credo che dovremmo parlare, c'è una cosa che non capisci
Sulle Hawaii”
Hawaii

Con la mia piccola e la mia bicicletta ho preso e me ne sono andato
E molte notti sono passate prima che arrivasse quel mattino
E penso a lui spesso, con le sue vitamine e i suoi bambini
Dormirà senza una donna in mente
Mentre l'altra metà è rimasta
Alle Hawaii?
Hawaii